Friday, January 17, 2014

17/365


Ahhh. Another day of unemployment. The day started with some odd jobs. Buying some cleaning supplies, things to get ready to vacate our apartment. Whilst out and about on these errands I make sure that I wander the long way past some interesting views. I have all the time in the world, so I may as well make the chores interesting.
Once again I found myself at the seawall at Sunset Beach. I noticed a lot of pigeons sitting on a railing so I wandered closer to check them out. They immediately scattered and started flying in a flock in circles. I watched them for a while and then they came in and landed on the same bar, which is when I captured this picture of the chaotic movement of a flock of birds all flying together. How they don't hit each other I don't know.
I continued to watch the birds for a further fifteen minutes or so, and realised that they were periodically taking off and flying in almost the exact same routine, then landing again. I pondered whether they were practicing for a migratory run maybe? Regardless it is amazing watching the formations that birds make when flying together without any noticeable form of communication with one another.
The beauty of this project and the rules I have set myself is that I am always finding something interesting. You just have to keep your eyes open and be open to walking down a different path each day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment