Tuesday, November 26, 2013

365 Project - Take 2

The question that has been churning over in my mind recently is whether to do another 365 project. I am so stoked that I did my first one, it was a great learning experience and in hindsight I now have an amazing photo journal of that year.
The reason I was thinking it may be time to do another one, is that this year is a year of change. It will be a year of a lot of exciting moments in our lives, but a year with a lot of unknowns, and I think it will be fantastic to document these moments with photography.
The one question I am having though is should I set a theme. I didn't have a theme last time I did this project, and at the time, I would have found a theme very limiting and it would have possibly removed some of my creativity that was found due to the freedom of the project. However, this time around, I don't want to end up with the same project, just in different locations and of different events. I want the whole project to have a different feel, and maybe by setting a specific theme or rule to base my photos on, I will be forced to be creative in situations where the rule is hard to adhere to.
Next is coming up with a good theme or rule. My first idea was one colour per month, and maybe this could cycle, so red, green, blue, repeated four times? maybe each photo has to be of an activity that I am partaking in each day, so there is a very good visual representation of what I was doing every day of the year.
I'll keep coming up with ideas and post back here once I have a final theme for the project. Stay tuned, but for the time being, here's my original project.

No comments:

Post a Comment