Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Fastlane

Today was the first day of the Fastlane swim club at Kitsilano pool. Being a member of the Fastlane swim club is a unique experience because a) it is held in Kitsilano pool which is salt water, is 137.5m long and is really wide with no lanes and b) the club meets at 5:45 in the morning so we get to see the sun rise over the beautiful Kitsilano Beach while we are swimming. Anyways, this morning was a bit chilly outside, so I wasn't totally stoked on the idea of swimming outdoors not in a wetsuit. However the pool was beautifully warm. The instructors are very helpful and I can see that I am going to get a lot out of being a member of this club. My stroke now feels butchered as I try to think of improving a few key elements of my stroke to try and ensure I avoid injury. Anyways, this keeps up twice a week for the next couple of months, I'm really looking forward to it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment