Friday, June 7, 2013

First Run

So today I went for my first run in a month, since the BMO Marathon. Today was a trial run for my Achilles to get a feel for how the injury is recovering. It was a simple session of 5 min warm up walk, then 3x(3min jog,3min walk), then 5 min cool down walk. Everything felt great during the run. I finished up with some light stretching and now I will continue my exercises and wait for 36hrs before my next run walk session and hope that I don't get any negative symptoms from this run. If not, I will start increasing the reps by one each time until I start feeling confident to link runs together, with the aim of just easing back into longer running again in a manner that will really let me monitor the progress of the injury. Lets hope it pulls up well, otherwise it will be back to taking it easy for a few more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment