Thursday, June 18, 2015

Why?

Humans are strange!

Yes, stating the obvious, I know. We are strange in many ways! So let's discuss a few of the many ways that we are so.

The notion of 'if it aint broke, don't fix it'. Yeh, that makes total sense. How about 'the grass is always greener on the other side'.... Well it always is, right?

So i'm as bad as everyone. I see the sense in these statements; accept the lessons that the sayings aim to teach, however I am the first person to admit that I choose to pay no attention to these lessons. Sigh!

I think if we were able to take lead from these lessons we'd find it much easier to make peace with ourselves and to be more satisfied with our lives. I think it would make us appreciate the small things a lot more, and maybe make us realise that we shouldn't take our blessed lives for granted. 

Coming from countries like Canada and Australia we are really very fortunate and have endless opportunities to chase our dreams. Maybe if we take a moment to realise how lucky we are we'll realise that we're already living the dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment