Friday, October 11, 2013

Morning Coffee

I love the ritual of making my morning coffee, so much so that I get up earlier just so I can prolong the process. It is such an enjoyable way to start the day, pouring the beans into the grinder, hand grinding, all the while the aroma of fresh ground beans is increasing. Meanwhile the kettle is boiling. All these sounds, smells and actions are part of the ritual and gets me going for the day. The brewing of the coffee is also an important process - there are so many different ways to do this, each resulting in a slightly different flavour of coffee, no method being better than the next, just different, and maybe better suited to different moods.
I am enjoying the pour over style coffee for my morning coffee at the moment, the process is more drawn out, but you get the freshest filter coffee ever. I don't like to call it drip or filter as it immediately gives bad impressions of over heated, over brewed shit house diner coffee. But this is far from it.
What better way to start the day than with a coffee that has been brewed freshly by yourself, while you gaze out over English Bay from your balcony!
Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment