Monday, October 7, 2013

Amazing Sourdough Levain Pancakes

On the weekend I had a big baking session - post to come - and had some sourdough levain left over so I made these off the dial pancakes.They were well and truly the most involved pancakes that I have ever made, but the final result was well worth it. Imagine a crumpet the size of a pancake!
Anyway, the night before I built up the liquid levain, as well as my batter in a separate bowl. These both did their thing overnight (batter in fridge, levain in nice warm place). The next morning these were folded together then fried up in good old healthy coconut oil. The result was the most amazingly textured, tasty pancakes. We had two each and were totally full!
Liquid Levain Pancakes
Liquid Levain Pancakes
Liquid Levain Pancakes
Liquid Levain Pancakes

No comments:

Post a Comment