Friday, October 11, 2013

Fresh Out Of The Oven

Friday night, and another sourdough baked. I keep trying to refine the same recipe. I think the dough may have been a bit wet this time, but the levain starter was amazing. So each new bake gives me something else to think about. I think the bake was a bit hot and long this time as the crust started to get pretty dark - not burnt, but getting close. But maybe this is an appetizing part of an rustic home made loaf of bread.
The smell is always amazing when baking at home, especially with my own sourdough starter. The aroma of sourdough as it bakes is delicious, but then having to wait till the bread has cooled to allow the crumb to develop kills me. The anticipation is brutal, but always well worth it. I hope you enjoy the photos.
Sourdough
Sourdough
And this is the crumb of my sourdough from last week!
Sourdough
Sourdough

No comments:

Post a Comment