Sunday, May 18, 2014

Victoria Park Criteriums

Today IO raced my first criterium race. It was an event held by the Norwood Cycling Club around a closed loop of Victoria Park Racecourse. The race was so much fun, and as I race more I am meeting and becoming more familiar with some different faces.\
I ended up leading for a lot of the race, I know it's a habit that I need to get out of, but I like pushing it at the front. Anyways, I took the lead again at about 35mins, one lap too early I think as I just didn't have the legs for the final sprint, although I was gaining speed and took a lot of places back; I think with an extra 30metres I could have placed.
Now I look forward to Berri handicapped road race. It's going to be great fun. I'm totally loving road racing at the moment and can't wait to push it a bit and try to get a top 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment