Friday, July 5, 2013

Portland

It has been a while since I last posted. I have been busy with all sorts of things, but mainly training and work. I also found the time to travel to Portland on a bit of a roadtrip down the I-5 (what a shit road), and back up the 101 (what an amazing road). Portland was amazing, it is such an interesting city, we spent so much time just wandering around sampling food and drinks from crafty food places, as well as immersing ourselves within the citys architecture.
Highlights of Portland were Powell's Bookstore, Salt and Straw Ice Cream, and Prasal Vegetarian restaurant. We managed to get some running in too - I always love running in new places - around the Willamette River running trail.
So after two days of Portland we headed over to the coast and hit the 101 up to Cape Disappointment State Park to camp. It was an amazing campsite and such an amazing night. We ate dinner sitting on the beach, watching the waves roll in from the Pacific Ocean while the sun set, then woke to a moody drizzle in the morning to which I enjoyed a 6km run up and down the beach while watching the waves crash to shore. One of the best runs I've ever gone on, it was so relaxing, and I finished with an "ice bath" in the cold Pacific Ocean.
Following this was a long drive back to Vancouver along the 101. However it was an amazing drive, I just think next time we will have to take an extra day so we can stop more frequently to see the beautiful sights up close.
Portland
HWay 101
Cape Disappointment
Salt and Straw Ice Cream
Powell's Books

No comments:

Post a Comment