Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Vancouver International Triathlon

So I finally competed in my first Triathlon. It was awesome for many reasons. Firstly it was my first Triathlon - enough said. Secondly, it was my first race back from my Achilles injury, and everything went well. Thirdly, although I took it easy and had so much energy left at the end, enough that I knew I could have raced the whole race over again, I still got a respectable time. So now I will be signing up for my next triathlon with the aim of pushing myself, tightening up my transitions and hopefully shaving a good 15 mins off my time of 2hrs24mins.
The Vancouver International Triathlon is such an amazing triathlon. It is held just near Jericho Beach, with the swim in the ocean, the ride up and around UBC, giving it a nice little hill climb, and the run along the beach and through the forest at Jericho beach. It was such a picturesque race full of so many competitors that were just stoked to be out in the sun being active. Vancouver couldn't have put on better weather either, with crystal clear skies, no wind and a balmy mid 20's. Needless to say, I'm totally hooked on triathlon now.
Pre Race Dinner
Pre Race Organisation
Empty Transition Zone
Me on the run leg

No comments:

Post a Comment