Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Running, Swimming and Riding

The training is going full on at the moment, with my running pretty much back at full capacity. There are still some minor gripes in my right ankle, but I think it's just me being paranoid due to the recent Achilles injury. Last week was my most full on week of training yet with 13.5hrs of training, with 72kms of running being part of that total time. There was also two fastlane swimming sessions at kits pool, an open water swim at Jericho beach, a hill climb on the bike up Cypress Mountain and a few loops of Stanley Park to round the week up.
This week is a ramping up week with some intense interval training for my running, with a 2hr long slow run at the end of the week, but thankfully this ramps up leading into a "rest" week next week, that comprises of some less intense intervals as well as "shorter" long slow runs.
This morning (July 24th) we had a beautiful open water swim with a bunch of people I swim with every Wednesday. We swam from Kits Beach to Jericho Beach. It was a total of 3km in 1hr. The water was warm, sun was shining and it was as still as can be with the water reflecting like a mirror. It could not have been a better start to the day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment