Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Running and Injuries cont...

So I pulled everything together and races the BMO half marathon in a PB time of 3hrs 6mins 21secs, slower that my goal, but given the bad lead up to the race, I was pretty happy. I was also harassed by blisters during the race, with a huge blister forming on my left foot ball, which made the last 10km really painful and dropped my pace to ridiculously slow. Up until that point I was on track for a sub 3hr marathon with room to spare. However now I have pulled up with a fairly sore Achilles so I am back to the physio and am expecting about a month off running, but really hoping that I can get on the bike in a week or so. Until then it will be swimming and resting, with the October Victoria Marathon on the cards. Just started. __________________________42km - hurting. Feeling pretty sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment