Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Healthy Eating!

So I whipped up this awesome dinner tonight. Roasted chick peas and cauliflower, rocket, carrot and spring onion salad with tofu in a rub of fennel seeds, cumin and corriander. I have been driving a healthy diet as part of a focus on my nutrition for my training. I am always trying to mix it up and keep the meals nice and interesting. I have got a standard day down for me now that seems to work really well in terms of keeping my feeling well nourished and healthy.

-Breakfast: Green smoothie. This will generally contain some seeds, nuts, fruit and leafy green vegetables. A good balanced serve of protein, fibre, essential fats and nutrients.
-Mid morning snack: Bowl of muesli (raw, not roasted), with homemade rice or soy milk (fortified vitamin b12, no sugar added).
-Lunch: Salad comprising of leafy greens, some kind of carbohydrate, like sweet potato, some legumes and probably some seeds. Normally I'll have a dressing comprising of tahini, hemp seed oil and nutritional yeast (vitamin b12) for one of the basic dressings I do.
-Afternoon snack: Bowl of raw veg with a similar dressing, or maybe another salad.
-Afternoon snack 2: If I get hungry again I'll have a green Vega smoothie.
-Dinner: I try to mix it up with things such as a lentil curry with quinoa or salad. Veggie burgers, Vietnamese cold rolls, Veggie chilli etc. Just a mix of different things to keep it interesting.


Tofu Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment