Thursday, March 6, 2014

65/365

                                            
One of my favourite bonsai plants. I am feeling very stressed right now and I can always find solitude in my bonsai. I just sit and contemplate while pruning or just looking at them. The design of bonsai is an interesting one, as unlike normal design, you must foresee way into the future to predict how the plant may grow and what cuts or form changes will result in the most appealing specimen.
I have many bonsai, ranging in age but a lot are now 15 - 20 years old. Finally now that I am home from Vancouver I am able to take proper care of them again. This one was a gift from my sister for my 21st - 9 years ago. I can't believe that time has passed this quickly, it does not feel like 9 years.
The monk sitting below the tree has always been a nice touch that fills me with peace, like looking at him transposes my thoughts to sitting beneath the dappled light of a large tree and contemplating life and all its twists and turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment