Thursday, December 16, 2010

To Keep Myself Busy - Quadruped Character

While I'm job hunting in Vancouver I'm going to build a few character rigs to test out some different concepts and to keep my skills sharp. Therefore I'm also going to have to model the characters too - but this is kinda cool as I'm getting a good chance to really think about edge loop flow and how this will effect the way the mesh deforms.

I have been paying close attention to two particular areas that have commonly caused issues on characters that I have previously rigged. These areas are the "pit" areas under the front legs and the rear legs. Previously I have had mesh cause really bad tearing through these areas and it has required a lot of corrective blend shapes to get certain poses looking nice. So I'm just working out the correct edge flow to resolve this issue before the rigging stage so hopefully the default deformation will be way nicer.

Follow the whole modeling and rigging process here.

Heres a WIP image after a few hours of modeling.

baseMesh001

1 comment:

  1. nice share and great poly work..

    http://www.gameyan.com/3d-character-modeling.html

    ReplyDelete